Jump to navigation
- To demonstrate and quantify the great CO2 emissions reduction potential of better and smart use of information and communication technologies (ICT), both reducing the sector carbon footprint and promoting the use of ICT for better environmental services (enabling effect).
- To model and promote best practices and green procurement of ICT reinforcing the Green Paper “Energy performance; Doing more with less” (COM (2005) 265 final) objectives, taking education centers and institutions and public buildings as demonstrative experimentation platform.
- To certify the added value of the new ICT devices and applications (virtualization, zero paper, sensors and mobility in smart cities) as instruments and technologies in the market to reach a cost efficient emissions reduction in the framework of the strategy subsequent to 2020 Strategy.
- To contrast through the demonstrative experimentation in 3 activities (administrative, educational, urban management) the effectiveness of greener ICT devices and applications compared to conventional facilities.
- To define and disseminate at national and international scale ICT control and regulation standards to assure the highest energy performances and lowest emissions levels.
- To stimulate employees and ICT users, energy-efficient behaviour (teachers, civil servants, students, citizens) through a high-scale dissemination strategy.
- To promote citizens and small company’s involvement in providing ideas and solutions for the strengthening of environmental governance, using public open data and making available environmental information to social networks.